Friday, August 31, 2012

The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed spirit? Proverbs 18:14

I just sat down to read my bible, I just started  a new reading plan trying to read my bible on a daily basis.  Today I sat down very broken searching for something and Proverbs 18 was part of my reading today, God is so cool I am constantly amazed by his love and mercy and even correction.  The scripture that stood out to me was Proverbs 18:14 The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed spirit.  I think this hit home due to some crushing of my spirit last night.  Feeling this way makes me want to be so very careful how I speak to those I love from now on.  I don't ever want my stinging words to crush my boy's spirits, or my husband's.  Proverbs 18 is about words and principles for making good decisions. Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life;those who love to talk will reap the consequences. When you are about to tell someone how awful they are or exploit what they have done wrong, remember a time when someone spoke words that crushed you and be so very careful about what you say.  It is so easy to say hurtful things when you are mad, take a few moments to pray take a deep breath and let the Holy Spirit do your talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment