Sunday, November 13, 2011

Choose this day whom you will serve as for me and my house we will SERVE the Lord.

Recently I have been accused of being over zealous in my christian walk by someone I dearly love.  Those weren't the words used exactly the words were,all that we, my family, did was church and that it was too important.At first I was very annoyed by this and it has been a stress on my relationship with this person.  I was thinking on this today in church and I now know that I am proud to be called overzealous. We go Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night and Thursdays to cowboy church.  We also go to various bible studies and things in the community.  We have strong ties with three churches in town, which work together very well in the community. So yes we spend a lot of time in church. 

However we don't just play church, we don't sit like a bump on a log or sleep during church.  We are following God's will in our life.  We get to pray with numerous people, we get to participate in healing, we get to minister to people.  I love it, my kids love it!  We aren't playing church we are being the church.  Church not only uplifts us and strengthens our relationship with God, it gives us a chance to encounter and uplift other believers.  I feel so very blessed to get to pray with others and encourage others!!!

Choose this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.  This is just part of the scripture.  So fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly.  Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshipped when the lived beyond the Euphrates river and in Egypt.  Serve the Lord alone.  But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve.  Would you prefer the gods of your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Ammorites in whose land you now live?  But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.  NLT Joshua 24:14-15

Me an my family ARE choosing to serve the Lord!!!!!! I pray my children are overzealous in their christian walk.  This is a good thing.  I know that me and my family are called to do big things in God's name.  We pray to do his will, and his will is for us to serve him and our community in all of our church going.  Wednesdays we get to hang out with the youth kids and teach and be good examples.  Travis teaches Sunday school and we do children's church.  All the rest of the time in church we are willing vessels and we get to be part of some awesome stuff.  We are called to do this.  We live differently as we are supposed to.  No one is supposed to just go to church sit and listen an leave, we are called to do more.  God has bigger things in store for us and I know some of them are drastic, and to tell you the truth I can't wait.  So if I am called overzealous now there is more to come.  We are choosing to Serve the lord, we want to be his willing servants and we try really hard not to say no to the Holy Spirit and yes that makes us overzealous!!! Now when I think of being put in that category it excites me because it is a confirmation that we are doing what we are supposed to.

I don't mean to sound boastful but I feel like what we do is fulfilling a purpose.  I am not perfect by any means.  I repent daily and I have to remind myself to surrender daily but I continue to seek him every day . I also don't want anyone to think that this is how everyone should live or that attending alot of church is what everyone needs to do.  There is no magic trick to salvation, and everyone has to work out their own salvation.  This is just what me an my family are called to do. It also isn't just about church, it is about living your life for God and making him priority #1.  I am going to borrow this from Brother Ryan,  God is an all consuming fire and he changes us to change our atmosphere, If I do nothing with who I am how will the world know who God is.  That was from this mornings sermon. Good stuff!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment